- A done-for-you elementary speaking curriculum that focuses on speaking and culture, ready for your family to enjoy in the comfort of your own home, perfect for homeschooling families.
Learning Spanish can help children develop a multicultural perspective of the world.
It can boost the child's mental fitness, creativity, and future networking career opportunities. It goes beyond a subject and skills, connects children with the culture.
Today more than ever, parents are busy juggling family, work, life. They do not have time and energy to-
- Put lessons together
- Create practices, and a consistent methodology to give the child the opportunity for daily listening and speaking input.
- Provide a meaningful bilingual education
- Learn a brand new language
Introducing the Full-Year Elementary Speaking Curriculum
The speaking curriculum is a solution for the parent looking to provide a bilingual-multicultural education for his/ her family, with consistency using a child center- immersion-style program. Created by a SUPER busy homeschool mom, experienced Spanish instructor, native speaker, with a master’s degree in curriculum and online learning.
All the planning, speaking lessons, materials, and tools done for the parent, so the family can focus on speaking and falling in love with the language.
Solving the problem: Consistent learning and practice to close the speaking gap
Hola, I am Sra. (Mrs.) Morato, for more than 16 years, I taught and coached hundreds of middle-high school students to speak Spanish through IB Spanish and immersion classes. I saw the struggle many teens had to face learning how to talk during such a challenging season of their lives. I knew the solution to develop a bilingual mindset was to start language acquisition at an early age using complete sentences from the start. As I talked to parents through workshops, conferences, and my online platform, they shared their stories on how they studied Spanish for years but never got to speak and engage with the culture. They ALL wanted a different learning experience for their children.
This is why I created the full-year Spanish speaking curriculum. My mission is- Supporting homeschooling parents, educating bilingual families, and helping learners fall in love with the Hispanic culture.
A clear language method for language acquisition
So your child does not need to learn Spanish alone but with the guide of a teacher.
Inside the online speaking curriculum
NEW FEATURE for the 2021-2022 School year: Children Spanish Club
Your child will fall in love with the culture by doing cultural activities with our learning community
Curriculum Extra Features:
There is no one way to become bilingual: no ONE teacher, textbook, worksheet, workbook, or App. The key is to create a bilingual environment at home. The curriculum support parents through technology, online best practices, and teaching strategies.
- Geography and cultural lessons - so that children can explore, learn and connect with the Hispanic culture
- Learning Material PDF worksheets, Montessori flashcards, bingo games, electronic Quizlet flashcards include in each topic - So that you can reinforce the learning and practice without creating the material yourself.
- Kahoot games - Game-based teaching and learning so that children can practice ALL skills by playing.
- Phonetic reading practice & Reading aloud
- Parent Community and Private Facebook group for parents
- SUMMER special learning experience, project-based learning units, stay tuned!
- CULTURAL SPANISH CLUB (Sept-May)
- PARENT CONNECTION (Sept-May) Quarterly parent meetings
2021-2022 Updates: Community for children:
- 2020-2021 Office hours, Thursdays 1:00 EST via Zoom class (summer hours will change)
- 2021-2022 office hours to learn in community TWICE a month to meet and play Kahoot and practice speaking together IN COMMUNITY (recording is provided) 2nd and 3rd week of the month. Thursdays Morning option, 10:00 a.m EST, afternoon option, 5:00 p.m EST
2021-2022 SPANISH CLUB TWICE a month, 1st and 4th week of the month. Thursdays Morning option, 10:00 a.m EST, afternoon option, 5:00 p.m EST Children will fall in love with the Hispanic culture! We will explore the culture through fun activities related to:
- Fun facts explorations about different countries
- Celebrations, traditions
- Food, cooking
- Music and instruments
- Art and crafts
- Learning and appreciating famous people who have made contributions to society
- Learning Geography
- Reading and discussion
- Movies and discussion
- Special native-speaker guests from the Hispanic world
- Fun-learning competitions related to what we are learning
- 2021-2022 Parent connection, Meet with other parents quarterly to share tips, resources and find support and receive guidance from an expert. Thursday 7:00-8:00 p.m. EST
No need to spend extra time and money to find additional practices and lessons
Spanish Worksheets with Montessori Cards, games, and practices
for hands-on learning
What parents are saying!
"Sra. Morato teaches them how to speak..."
Here is what parents are saying inside the community...
What a parent said about a Spanish review lesson ....
"It is a relief for me to have an expert and experienced Spanish instructor and native speaker teaching my girls. I could not teach my children to speak Spanish, but they are learning quickly because of this program! They are now able to speak in full sentences and can hold simple conversations! I am SO impressed by the Spanish Elementary Program. If you want your kids to build their vocabulary quickly and to be able to speak and communicate in Spanish, this course will help them achieve those goals!"
- Liesl, from The Homeschool Den
Meet an amazing kindergartener
"We don't go through the program on any kind of schedule. We don't stick to the weekly assignments. We might take a long time just to get through one module. But we do EVERYTHING in the module . . . all the worksheets, all the computer exercises, etc. After one year, we are only at 31% completion. But it works so well! Tate not only remembers everything he learns, but he has also learned so much basic grammar (like whether to change a color ending to -o or -a based on the gender of the noun).
He doesn't really even know the genders of all the words, but he can guess based on whether it ends in -o or -a. He also knows when to add an -s for plurals. He is getting pretty good at spelling Spanish words too. It's all so intuitive for him. He doesn't even struggle to learn! I wish the girls could have started out in a program like this. It's the next best thing to having a native speaker in our house. He loves the videos with Elizabeth in them so he can see an actual child speaking Spanish. Really, this is a masterpiece of Spanish education! I hope you are so proud of it."
- Anne, Homeschool mother
"My daughter does Spanish lessons daily. We are watching cartoons once a week, we play games and have fun! My daughter continues to tell people that Spanish is her favorite Spanish! Thanks to you for the enthusiastic introduction to Spanish.”
- A Happy Mom, from Virginia
¿Es usted una madre hispana que habla español, pero no sabe como enseñarle español a su hijo o hija?
¡Este currículo le puede ayudar! Le da las herramientas, video lecciones, materiales y muchos más para que usted puede reforzar el español en casa.
Yo soy la maestra y usted la facilitadora y guía.
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Looking for middle and high school solutions for your teen?
Check out my 2021-2022 online course options.
Two options: course with live speaking classes OR self-paced with teacher support.
Spanish 1 Foundation course
Spanish 2 Beyond Foundation
Spanish 3 with focus on communication and culture (only offer with live classes)
Visit my website for more information https://homeschoolspanishcurriculum.com
About Sra. Morato
Homeschool mom of three. Spanish certified Instructor Prek-12th grades. M.A.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction and Online learning. Former Fairfax County Public teacher-Guatemalan native. Taught IB Spanish (international Baccalaureate program) and immersion classes for teaching 16 years. More than twenty years of classroom, tutoring experience. From primary years to advanced levels. Has helped hundreds of students learn Spanish better and to speak with confidence. Her students have gone to experience Spanish beyond the classroom. From traveling opportunities to studying Spanish at a college level.